Type of Activity: Center Activity, Printable, Worksheets, and Assessments
New ideas for teaching numbers in kindergarten can be hard to find. These recognizing numbers activities are an engaging way to allow students to explore number recognition with a partner while having fun!
This resource includes the following:
- Answer Key Included
- Three partner-paired number identification card sets allow students to practice number recognition.
- Student Direction Cards – perfect for posting on the wall in the designated center area.
- Set One: Numbers from 60-64 only – 5 reader cards and 5 recorder cards in this set.
- Set Two: Numbers from 65-70 only – 5 reader cards and 5 recorder cards in this set.
- Set Three: All numbers from 60-70 – 5 reader cards and 5 recorder cards in this set.
- Fluency Cards – 5 cards for each number set that are ¼ page size to be placed on a binder ring. These cards are perfect for practice while waiting in line or in transition between classroom activities. *Please Note* – an extra fluency card is included with these. This product contains both a PDF and PowerPoint version. The extra fluency card is EDITABLE in the PowerPoint version.
- Number Recognition Assessment – One assessment for each card (15 total formative assessments) and then one additional assessment to assess all numbers 60-70 (summative assessment) to keep track of student progress.
- Teacher Notes Page – instructions for set-up and implementation.
- All pages are provided in both color and black and white form.