Type of Activity: Center Activity, Printable, Worksheets, and Assessments
Practice identifying 2-dimensional shapes with your preschooler or kindergartner using Kindergarten 2D Shapes Binder Centers! Students will practice identifying seventeen 2D shapes working with a partner and will achieve mastery using the shape recognition fluency cards. Teaching shapes is fun with these no prep kindergarten worksheets on shapes. Simply print and go!
This resource includes the following:
- Answer Key Included
- Four partner-paired shape identification card sets that allow students to practice recognizing 17 two-dimensional shapes (shapes included are as follows: circle, triangle, square, rectangle, oval, trapezoid, rhombus/diamond, hexagon, star, heart, crescent, pentagon, heptagon, octagon, polygon, semicircle, and parallelogram).
- Student Direction Cards – perfect for posting on the wall in the designated center area.
- Set A: 5 reader cards and 5 recorder cards in this set (shapes include: circle, square, triangle, rectangle).
- Set B: 5 reader cards and 5 recorder cards in this set (shapes include: oval, trapezoid, hexagon, and rhombus/diamond. *Please Note*- This set is provided in two forms, one with the label “rhombus” and the second with the label “diamond”).
- Set C: 5 reader cards and 5 recorder cards in this set (shapes include: heart, star, pentagon, crescent).
- Set D: 5 reader cards and 5 recorder cards in this set (shapes include: heptagon, octagon, semicircle, polygon, parallelogram).
- Fluency Cards – 5 cards for each set that are ¼ page size to be placed on a binder ring. These cards are perfect for practice while waiting in line or in transition between classroom activities. *Please Note*- an extra fluency card is included with these. This product contains both a PDF and PowerPoint version. The extra fluency card is EDITABLE in the PowerPoint version.
- Shape Recognition Assessment – One assessment for each card (20 total formative assessments) and one additional assessment that includes all shapes found between all four sets (summative assessment) are included. Use these kindergarten shapes quiz pages to keep track of student progress.
- Teacher Notes Page – instructions for set-up and implementation.
- All pages are provided both with text and without text as well as in color and black and white.
There are no reviews yet.