Type of Activity: Center Activity, Printable, Worksheets, and Assessments
Looking to find engaging activities for teaching letter recognition? Binder Centers are a perfect fit! Using these fun activities for learning letters, students will practice identifying each letter in the alphabet as the reader while their partner practices basic concepts of print and provides support if needed.
This set of recognizing letters of the alphabet worksheets includes the following:
- Answer Key Included
- Three partner-paired letter identification card sets allow students to practice letter recognition. Each set is put together following the Carnine order of letters.
- Student Direction Cards – perfect for posting on the wall in the designated center area.
- Set One: All uppercase letters only – 5 reader cards and 5 recorder cards in this set.
- Set Two: All lowercase letters only – 5 reader cards and 5 recorder cards in this set.
- Set Three: Upper and lowercase letters mixed – 5 reader cards and 5 recorder cards in this set.
- Fluency Cards – 5 cards for each letter set that are ¼ page size to be placed on a binder ring. These cards are perfect for practice while waiting in line or in transition between classroom activities. *Please Note* – an extra fluency card is included with these. This product contains both a PDF and PowerPoint version. The extra fluency card is EDITABLE in the PowerPoint version.
- Letter Recognition Assessment – One assessment for each card (15 total formative assessments) and two additional assessments to assess all uppercase and lowercase letters (summative assessment) to keep track of student progress.
- Teacher Notes Page – instructions for set-up and implementation.
- All pages are provided in both color and black and white form.
Along with using these activities to introduce students to learning letters, the on-the-go fluency cards make great letter review activities for kindergarten! These small rings can be hooked onto a binder or bookbag for use at any time of the day. Students love having this built-in activity to use during transition times. Simple to set up for teachers, just click print and you are on your way!