Type of Activity: Center Activity, Printable, Worksheets, and Assessments
Learning to identify 3D shapes is fun using these kindergarten math shapes worksheets. After your whole group kindergarten 3D shapes lesson, students will practice recognizing twenty #D shapes during a partner activity made for math centers. Additionally, students work towards skill mastery using the accompanying fluency cards. With these no prep Binder Center activities you simply print and go!
This resource contains the following:
- Answer Key Included
- Four partner-paired shape identification card sets that allow students to practice recognizing 20 three-dimensional shapes (shapes included are as follows: sphere, cube, pyramid, cone, cylinder, hemisphere, rectangular prism, triangular based pyramid, pentagonal pyramid, hexagonal pyramid, rhombic prism, hexagonal prism, pentagonal prism, octagonal prism, dodecahedron, icosahedron, octahedron, triangular prism, trapezoidal prism, and torus).
- Student Direction Cards – perfect for posting on the wall in the designated center area.
- Set 1: 5 reader cards and 5 recorder cards in this set (shapes included: sphere, pyramid, cube, cylinder, cone).
- Set 2: 5 reader cards and 5 recorder cards in this set (shapes include: hemisphere, hexagonal prism, rectangular prism, triangular prism, rhombic prism).
- Set 3: 5 reader cards and 5 recorder cards in this set (shapes include: torus, triangular based pyramid, pentagonal prism, hexagonal pyramid, trapezoidal prism).
- Set 4: 5 reader cards and 5 recorder cards in this set (shapes include: dodecahedron, icosahedron, octahedron, octagonal prism, pentagonal pyramid).
- Fluency Cards – 5 cards for each set that are ¼ page size to be placed on a binder ring. These cards are perfect for practice while waiting in line or in transition between classroom activities. *Please Note* – an extra fluency card is included with these. This product contains both a PDF and PowerPoint version. The extra fluency card is EDITABLE in the PowerPoint version.
- Shape Recognition Assessment – One assessment for each card (20 total formative assessments) and then one additional assessment that includes all shapes found between all four sets (summative assessment) to keep track on student progress.
- Teacher Notes Page – instructions for set-up and implementation.
- All pages are provided both with text and without text as well as in color and black and white.